Swimming takes place for Years 5&6 and is spread through the school year in class blocks:
On swimming days, children will need to bring the following kit with them:
- Swimming costume (Boys should wear swimming shorts or trunks, not long shorts that fall below the knee. Girls costumes should be one piece, not bikinis)
- Swimming hat
- Plastic bag for wet clothes
- If your child does not have the correct kit, parents/carers will be contacted and asked to bring a kit in before the lesson.
- Goggles are permitted.
- The instructors are aware that some of the children can already swim and are skilled at ensuring every lesson is differentiated to ensure they all benefit from this experience.
- Extra help with swimming lessons is always welcome from parents and carers - walking the children to and from the pool. Please let your child's teacher know if you can help out.