Welcome to Red Kite!
We are a year 5/6 class and you will find us in the second classroom from the main entrance, in the KS2 corridor.
Our teacher is Mrs Toghill, and our teaching assistant is Mrs Keating.
We have made a video for non-keyworker children, to show you what the classrooms looks like and to explain what you need to do when you arrive at school. Unfortunately we didn't manage to make a video of Red Kite classroom specifically, but this will give you an idea of what to expect and what you will need to do when you arrive at school.
You can find it in the Video Resource Centre :
Thank you to everyone who has taken part in the Year 6 Lockdown SATs. I really hope you enjoyed doing the booklet. Here are the answers for you to mark your work. Please send me any of your creative artwork or hairstyle photos and I will award you marks for these. I've really loved all of the ones I've received so far!
Message from Mrs Keating
Hi Red Kites! - Just a quick message to say that I'm really missing you. I hope you are all ok, keeping healthy, happy and safe. I've seen a few of you around whilst doing our daily exercises but hope to see you all very soon.
Take Care - from Mrs Keating
Thank you to those of you who have already sent your quiz questions to me. I really enjoyed reading them. Below are the questions I have received so far (if you are still working on yours, email them to me when they are ready and I will update the quiz). The answers are attached separately. Happy quizzing!
1. Could the world's population fit inside:
B Los Angeles
2. The longest place name in the world is how many letters long:
3. How many bacteria are there in the world:
A 7 quintillion
B 3 trillion
C 8 qaudrillion
4. What are the Canary Islands named after:
5. What is the coldest temperature ever recorded:
Round 2 - dogs
1. What is the most popular dog in Britain?
A. Springer spaniel
B. Labrador retriever
C. Cocker spaniel
2. What food is the most poisonous to dogs?
3. How much money do dog owners spend on their dogs each year (roughly?)
4. What percentage of the UK have dogs?
5. What is the fastest dog breed?
A. Afghan hound
1. Can you sing the next line of this song?
Working 9 to 5 ……
2. Name the three main Canary Islands.
3. How many Instagram Followers does Joe Wicks have?
a. 1.8 million b. 1.9 million c. 3.6 million
4. What is the biggest city in the world?
a. Tokyo b. New York c. London
5. What is the most expensive car in the world?
a. Rolls Royce b. Mercedes c. Bugatti
Round 4 - film and TV
1) In Harry Potter, who creates the Philosopher's Stone?
2) Finish the movie title 'Raiders of the ....'
3) Who plays Captain Jack Sparrow in 'Pirates of the Caribbean'?
Round 5 - food
Round 6 - swimming
1.What order is an individual medley?
A) Butterfly, breaststroke, backstroke, front crawl
B) Butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke , front crawl
C) Front crawl, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly
2. What stroke is Adam Peaty best known for?
3. What is the fastest time for the women's 50m front crawl?
A) 23. 67 seconds
B) 32.23 seconds
C) 25.45 seconds
4. What two strokes did Mark Foster win medals in when he used to compete?
A) Front crawl and Breaststroke
B) Butterfly and Breaststroke
C) Butterfly and Front crawl
5. How old was Ellie Symmonds (paralympian swimmer) when she won her first Olympic
Round 7 - cricket
Round 8 - animals
1. True or false
A sloth can hold their breath longer than a dolphin.
2. If an elephant is flapping its ears, what emotion does it feel ?
3. How many teeth do elephants use to chew?
4. On which continent would you find wild prairie dogs?
5. How fast can gazelles run?
1.Which animal has the most legs?
2. What is the capital city of India?
A. New Delhi
3. What is the biggest muscle in our body?
B. gluteus maximus
4. What type of animal is a British Blue?
5. Which of these video games was invented first?
A. Sonic The Hedgehog
B. Mario Brothers
C. The Legend of Zelda