· Cricket club with Jon Solly, Years 1-6, 3.20-4.20
· KS2 Ukulele club 3.30 – 4.30
· Red Kite trip to Glastonbury Abbey
· Quik cricket competition – Winsley Cricket Club 11.15am
· Blackbird class – Forest Schools
· KS2 Yoga Club 3.30 – 4.15
· Dinner choice slips for week beginning 15th June due today
· NEW Swift class – Forest Schools
· FS2 & Y1/2 Active club 3.30 – 4.15
· Goldfinch class assembly, 9.15am school hall
· Merlin class cake sale
· No smoking. Please do not smoke directly outside the school gates.
· Please do not tie your dog up on the school railings. We have recently had a number of distressed dogs consistently barking.
· Car Parking. There should be no parking or dropping off in the school car park unless you have a school permit or a disability permit. We’ve had several near misses and would rather not have any more.
· Please use the footpaths provided for your safety and refrain from walking through the car park.
· Car parking permit. If you haven’t got a Baileys Barn car parking permit please see the office.
· Please ensure your child has their P.E. kit and swimming kit (if applicable) in school every week.
Summer weather– Now that the weather is warmer, please ensure you are applying sun cream to your child before coming to school. All children should also be bringing sun hats to school. Children are allowed to have drinks bottles in class, containing water (not squash, energy drinks etc.). Please make sure all items are named.
Y3/4 Swimming – If your child is in Miss Blake’s deep end swimming group, please can you ensure they bring a t-shirt for their lesson on Wednesday 10th June as they will be practising their lifesaving skills.
The Strawberry Fair is fast approaching, and on Friday each child will bring home their brilliant Strawberry bag filled with raffle tickets, programme and all the useful information you need about Fun Run entry, raffle ticket sales and non-uniform day. Please take 5 minutes to have a look through it all.
Get selling your raffle tickets for fab prizes such as the Womad family ticket. If every child in school sells 1 book of raffle tickets then we’ll make £770 before we’ve even started the Fair!
Stalls – We still need you! There are still a few hour slots left to fill on Books (2-3pm), Bric-a-Brac (1-2 & 2-3), Bottle stall (1-2), Fitz Fashion (2-3), Paint-a-Pottery (12-1 & 2-3), Roll-a-Penny (12-1 & 1-2 & 2-3), Angry Birds (12-1 & 1-2 & 2-3) Coconut Shy (1-2 & 2-3) Subutteo Footie Pitch (12-1 & 1-2 & 2-3). Please sign up if you can for just an hour so that we can have all the usual stalls running. Sign-up sheet now in reception or email email@example.com or see Julia.
There is now a box in reception for placing your Jumble Jar donations. Please fill a clean jar of any size with small toys, treats, nic-nacs (novelty rubbers, hair accessories, bouncy balls etc) and wrapped sweets for the Jumble Jars tombola-style stall at the Fair. Old jam jars are ideal. Themed or decorated jars welcome but not necessary. All jar donations very welcome! (No nuts please).
Cafe Yum Yum
We’re looking for volunteers to get involved in the brilliant Cafe Yum Yum. New faces and past helpers all welcome – either to help on the day or to donate cakes, savoury salads, quiches etc. We are also looking for people to operate the tills for an hour. Sign up sheets are now in reception for volunteering & food donations or contact Nicolette, Mandy or Emily directly.
Thanks – FSA
Dates for your Diary
|Tuesday 9th||Quik Cricket Competition at Winsley Cricket club|
|Friday 12th||Goldfinch Class Assembly, 9.15am School Hall|
|Friday 12th||Merlin Class Cake Sale|
|Monday 15th-19th||Assessment Week|
|Monday 15th||Y4 Rounders festival, St Laurence|
|Saturday 20th||Strawberry Fair|
|Monday 22nd-26th||Health Week|
|Monday 22nd||Y3-6 Athletics Competition, St Laurence|
|Monday 22nd||Sports Day – FS2, KS1 & Nurseries 10.30am, KS2 1.30pm|
|Wednesday 24th||Y3/4 Swimming Gala|
|Monday 29th||Y5 Rounders Festival|
|Tuesday 30th||Y4 Arts day at St Laurence|
|Friday 3rd July||Swift Class Assembly, 9.15am School Hall|
|Friday 3rd||Y1/2 Multi Skills Festival|
English Speaking classes – Wiltshire family learning in conjunction with 4children, will be running free English speaking workshops throughout June and July. Please call Miles on 01225 763274 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to book your place.
Y5 & 6 Cricket Course with Jon Solly, Hampset Cricket Club, August 17th – 21st, 2-5pm
Total cost is £50 for the week OR £12 for individual days.
For more information or to book a space on the course please contact Jon Solly on 07813 122160 or email@example.com