· Cricket Club
· Yr4 Braeside Residential meeting, 3.30pm in Dove Class
· Poplar House Team Champions, non-school uniform day only for pupils in this House.
· Football Champion of Champions final, Melksham Oak School, 3.30pm – 5.30pm
· Netball Club, 3.30pm – 4.15pm
· Falcon Class Cake Sale
House Team Champions for Term 2 were Poplar! their prize is non-school uniform day on Monday 12th January.
Thank you Leaf : Abigail M, Marko P, Taya-Jayde, Gabriella D, Sasha K, Bryony M, Rico T, Helena K, Sarah S.
Politeness : Charlie S, Isaac H, Seryn E, Chloe F, Elsie B, Ben W, Ruben H, Suzy F, Louis D, Jasmine M, Sophie R, Samuel L.
Golden Tickets : Matthew D’A and Bryony M
Many congratulations to Mrs Stranks who over Christmas gave birth to a baby boy named George, he was a whopping 9lb 8oz! Mother and baby are doing well.
· School dinners. Please return your slip for week beginning 19th January by Thursday 15th January.
· No smoking. Please do not smoke directly outside the school gates.
· Please do not tie your dog up on the school railings. We have recently had a number of distressed dogs consistently barking.
· Car Parking. There should be no parking or dropping off in the school car park unless you have a school permit or a disability permit. We’ve had several near misses and would rather not have any more.
· Car parking permit. If you haven’t got a Baileys Barn car parking permit please see the office.
· Please ensure your child has their P.E. kit and swimming kit (if applicable) in school every week.
· Braeside Residential meeting is on Monday 12th January at 3.30pm. All deposits should be returned by Friday 23rd January.
Scooter Skills. This will be starting in February (see dates below), details to follow.
PiP Quiz – The deadline for entries is now extended to next Friday 16th January. If you have requested a pip quiz and not received it, please call into the office to collect one.
FSA Jumble Sale 2 – 4pm, Saturday 17th Jan
It’s the new year, time to clear out those cupboards. We’re having a Jumble Sale!
Entrance fee: Adults 30p / Children free. Refreshments available. We’d be really grateful for donations of adult & children’s clothes & shoes / handbags & jewellery / toys & games / bric-a-brac / dvds – all in clean and good condition. ‘If you would buy it, bring it‘.
Please bring any donations in carrier bags next Thurs 15th or Fri 16th January to school reception at morning drop off. Extra carrier bags very welcome too please. We are looking for volunteers to help on the afternoon. Please email Esther if you can spare an hour or so to set-up, sell goodies, pour tea or clear up: email@example.com There will also be a sign-up sheet in school reception from Monday 12th Jan for anyone who is able to make cakes for the sale.
Thank you – FSA
Bradford on Avon Fireworks Meeting
The first task is to assemble a new committee. We are meeting at 8pm on Weds 21st Jan in the back room of The Bear, Silver Street, Bradford On Avon. For admin reasons, if you are interested in helping with this year’s event, can I ask that you register at www.boafireworks.co.uk so that I can add you to the Volunteers Database. Many thanks, and I hope to see you at The Bear.
Chairman, Joint Fireworks Committee.
Dates for your Diary
|Friday 23rd Jan||Owl Class Assembly|
|Thursday 29th||Open Afternoon, 2pm – 3pm, all classes|
|Friday 30th Jan||Pop Quiz|
|Saturday 31st Jan||Film Club|
|Friday 6th February||Merlin Class Assembly|
|Friday 6th||Gosling Class Cake Sale|
|Monday 9th – 13th||Assessment Week|
|Tuesday 10th||Safer Internet Day|
|Thursday 12th February||Scooter Skills, Yrs 1 & 2 (for those pupils who have registered & paid)|
|Friday 13th February||End of Term, 3.20pm|
|Monday 23rd February||INSET DAY, school closed to pupils|
|Tuesday 24th February||Term 4 begins, pupils return to school|
|Tuesday 24th February||Scooter Skills, Yrs 3 & 4 (for those pupils who have registered & paid)|
|Tuesday 24th – 27th||Science Week|
|Tuesday 3rd March||Parent Consultation|
|Thursday 5th||Parent consultation|