Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
How are we spending our Sports Premium Funding?
“Physical Education (PE) at Fitzmaurice Primary School promotes teamwork, imagination, personal health and fitness in a fun, encouraging environment. Children of all abilities aspire to develop and achieve their full potential and are ALL given the chance to shine.”
Sports Premium Budget 2016- 17
In the academic year 2016/17 we are spending our Sports Premium Budget on…..
- A new lunchtime provider, who is a qualified sports coach focusing on structured games with rules and tactics- 5 days a week
- Qualified sports specialist teacher employed ½ day a week to team teach with staff and provides CPD according to individual needs
- New kit for football/rugby teams with school name printed on the back
- Purchase of ‘ Energy Club’ cards for sports leaders to use when working with KS1 children at playtimes
- New clubs are on offer to encourage children from a young age to be fit and active:
- KS1 – Gym and active clubs
- KS2- Hockey
- Transport costs to enable children to attend county competitions; our school is very successful and this cost rises on a yearly basis
- We employ a cluster sports coach who runs inter school festivals on a termly basis- at these festival sports leaders play an active part to support the children by leading activities
- We have bought hoodies for 6 new sports leaders, ’Energy club’ cards and an electric pump